Tuesday, July 01, 2008

The Elysian Chronicle: July/August Edition

BREAKING NEWS

A Prophecy Forgotten to become a Graphic Novel!
Wandering Sage Press, Inc. has picked up the graphic novel rights to A Prophecy Forgotten and plans to turn it two graphic novels. Adam Black, the artist for KISS’s KISS 4K Web Comic, will do the artwork. We expect the first graphic novel to come out sometime in 2009. I’m going to be blogging about the process between now and then, so keep checking my blog on MySpace and To Elysia and Back Again. I’ll also be posting a few pieces of art every now and then as a preview of coming attractions.

Out of the Shadows: Book II of the Elysian Chronicles Publication Time Table
I still don’t have a date yet from my publisher on Out of the Shadows’s release, but it is now in editing, meaning it is one step closer to publication. You can monitor its progress at this link. Many of you have e-mailed me, inquiring on its progress, and I really want to thank you. Even though I hate having to tell you I have no idea when it will be out, it’s wonderful that you care enough about the book to e-mail me.

If you want to receive a postcard, notifying you as soon as new books in the Elysian Chronicles series are released, click here and fill out the form!

The Final Cut in Movies: Putting Science Fiction & Fantasy Movies Center Stage.
You can now listen to my science fiction and fantasy movie radio program, The Final Cut in Movies two ways:

Listen to A Prophecy Forgotten the way I intended it to sound.
I’m also podcasting a chapter of A Prophecy Forogtten every few weeks. Check it out on my blog, http://www.mbwestonblog.com/.

If you’ve missed the first few chapters, click on these links to download the mp3 files:

WEBSITE UPDATES
http://www.elysianchronicles.com/

Keep checking the website for new graphic novel artwork and news!

AUTHOR EVENTS

  • The Final Cut Radio Program:
    Every Saturday from 2:00 to 3:00 am & pm, catch me on The Final Cut in Movies radio program at http://www.adastraradio.com/.
  • July 19-20th: Catch me at BabelCon in Baton Rouge!
    I’ll be signing books and giving a few workshops.
  • July 28th-August 1, 9:00 to 12:00 each day
    I’ll be speaking at Center Point Community Church at VBS. If you will be in middle school next year, drop on by. You might just hear a story about Davian…
  • August 29th-September 1: DragonCon, Atlanta, GA.
    I don’t know my schedule yet, but I’ve got a vendor table, so drop on by and say hi! You might even be able to catch a glimpse of some of the newest A Prophecy Forgotten graphic novel art!

No comments: