Monday, March 31, 2008

Ack! I'm Missing the Yankees' Opening Day!

It's the most wonderful time of the year again! Peanuts, cracker jacks, "Play Ball!" Just the thought of watching a nicely-turned 6-4-3 double play sends pleasurable shivers down my spine. (And it means those of you who read my blog will have to endure six to seven months of baseball rants because I deleted my baseball blog, which was taking up too much of my time. Lucky you!)

And I'm missing the New York Yankees Opening Day because I'm teaching a writing workshop! The last Opening Day ever to be held in Yankee Stadium, and I'm teaching about Plot & Structure. What was I thinking??? Why, oh, why didn't I look at the schedule? Chin Ming Wang had better pitch his heart out for me. (Wait! Wang's on the mound. That means there's also a good chance for a 1-4-3 double play, too, and--oh the joy of spring!!!)

No comments: