Monday, March 24, 2008

Tomorrow at 9:00 Phil Jason, a journalist for the Naples Sun Times, and I will be featured on Fox 4's Morning Blend (www.fox4morningblend.com), a local news show out of Cape Coral, with Tracey Edwards and Astrid Martinez, where we will discuss the upcoming Naples Press Club Writer's Conference. Phil is the coordinator of the entire conference, and I'm giving my presentation on "Making Make-Believe Believable" at the conference as well, so we decided to drum up a little local publicity. Okay, Phil is the one responsible for getting the gig. He asked me to come because the Naples Press Club Writer's Conference is where I pitched my publisher, which resulted in a publishing contract for A Prophecy Forgotten.

Even though the show airs tomorrow, we filmed the segment today at 9:00. I even took an extra 20 minutes this morning to straighten my hair for the occasion, which meant I had to wake up at 5:30am--quite early for me. I must have been nervous about it** because I literally woke up every half hour last night--and I'm not over-exaggerating. I think I was scared I would sleep through my alarm, which I am prone to do on occasion. I didn't get to talk much about my book during our segment, but I did get my 10 second pitch, "Tolkien-meets-Clancy story of guardian angel warfare and treason...Think Roman soldiers with wings," on air. (Those of you who met me at OmegaCon and MegaCon (and all the other cons) are quite familiar with that phrase.)

Even if you don't live in the Collier/Lee county area, you can view the show atwww.fox4morningblend.com, and they have archives, so you don't have to be at your computer at 9:00am EST to watch it. If you do watch the show, please send me kind e-mails only. If I totally made a fool of myself for all the world to see, I would like to not know about it.

**During my first ever radio interview last year, my chest and neck broke out in hivesbecause of nerves. (I almost wore a turtle neck today because I was afraid of breaking out in hives again, but my Iron Man jaw doesn't look good in a turtle neck.)

No comments: