M. B. Weston’s Author Newsletter, Volume 2, Issue 5
Inside Heaven’s Realm
“Times have changed. The tyrant of your Runes is about to rise to power. We seers keep our prophecies secret to keep them safe from him and the one who commands him,” Cassadern told Davian just before the third battle. Though Davian killed the leader of the Third Battle Conspiracy at the end of A Prophecy Forgotten, even he believes that the true dictator predicted by the Runes must be out there biding his time and waiting for the opportune moment. But who is he? Can Elysia, with its government and military leadership nearly destroyed, defeat another attempted coup? And what did Cassadern mean by “the one who commands him”? This should leave readers with something to think about as they await Out of the Shadows, the newest installment of The Elysian Chronicles.
Out of the Shadows: Book II of the Elysian Chronicles now with the publisher
OOTS is now with my publisher, awaiting publication in December 2007. If you want to receive a postcard, notifying you as soon as it’s released, click here and fill out the form!
M. B. Weston a Guest at Necronomicon in Tampa!
If you happen to be attending, please drop by and say hi!
Website Updates (www.elysianchronicles.com)
Changes to the First Chapter of OOTS
I made a few changes to some of the already posted prologue and first chapter of Out of the Shadows. Click here to read the newest updates.
New M. B. Weston Blogs!
I’ve done some overhauls in the blogosphere. First, I’ve changed my main author’s blog to http://www.mbwestonblog.com/. It’s called To Elysia and Back Again. I’ve also added an M. B. Weston News blog and a baseball blog. (I blog so much about it anyway… Here is a list of my current blogs:
- http://www.lifeaccordingtobaseball.com/ (This is still waiting for GoDaddy's approval, so if that link does't work, www.mbweston.typepad.com/life_according_to_basebal)
Stay Tuned For:
- Updated book signings & speaking events. Keep checking here to see if I’ll be in your area!
- A new fan club website!
Writing Workshops at Barnes & Noble
Each Thursday night this October, I will be teaching a writing workshop at Barnes & Noble from 7:30 to 9:00 on these subjects:
- Oct. 4th, Plot & Structure
- Oct. 11th, Character Development
- Oct. 18th, Sensory Details and Landscape
- Oct. 25th, The Art of Storytelling
- Necronomicon: October 5-7, 2007. Necronomicon is a fantasy, gaming, sci-fi convention. I’ll be speaking on panels and signing books there all weekend.
- I’ll also be holding book signings after my writing workshops at Barnes & Noble.
Young Writers of Naples
Join me and other high school students at Barnes & Noble from 10:00-12:00 on the 3rd Saturday of each month. This month, we are meeting on October 20th. Check out our blog at http://www.youngwritersofnaples.blogspot.com/.
Open Mike Night @ Barnes & Noble
Come join me at Open Mike Night at Barnes & Noble Naples on the 1st Tuesday night of each month! Bring your writing, your singing voice, or your instrument (or any combination of the 3), and let’s have some fun!