Wow! Time has really flown by. (Cliché, I know, but my brain is dead, and my husband is currently watching Conan the Barbarian on TV, so I can’t escape cheesy clichés!)
Basically, let me sum up what’s been going on since I last blogged:
1. I spoke at Corkscrew Elementary School on Wednesday the 18th to about 200 4th and 5th graders. They were awesome and had so many questions for me! I also left a box of 20books with the librarian, who sold them all out at the school’s book fair this week, and then some. If any of you from Corkscrew are reading this, thank you so much for your support!
2. I got to speak to the Golden Gate High School FCA on Thursday the 19th. GGHS has a really big FCA, and good pizza!
3. On April 20th and 21st, I had a charity book signing at NCA, and I also spoke at the middle school chapel.
4. On April 23rd, I taught a class on character development to the HEED Homeschooling Co-op Advanced English class. We had a great time, and the girls were incredibly smart!
5. I had two book signings at Curves as the member of the month on April 24th & 25th.
6. On Wednesday, April 25th, I spoke to First Baptist Church’s youth group. The kids were well-behaved, and I sold a lot of books—basically I almost ran out of my supply. Also, someone told me that I replaced Brian Jacques as his favorite author. Now that's a compliment! Thank's Wyatt!
7. On Friday, April 27th, I traveled to Broward County where I spoke at Somerset Academy. What a great facility and wonderful kids. Special thanks to Ms. Ellis’s class, who fed me breakfast and made me feel welcome, Desiree, who was so excited about A Prophecy Forgotten that she had her mother e-mail me to make sure I brought her a book, and to Michael, A Prophecy Forgotten’s best salesman! Also, thanks to Ms. Ellis, who made the whole event possible!
Anyway, I’m exhausted, and next week’s schedule looks pretty full, too. I’m going to be speaking to East Naples Middle School, judging a speech contest, being an MC with my friend, actress Jillian Windham, for open mike night at Barnes & Noble, being interviewed on the radio with Arnie Coones, speaking at the Naples Writer’s Club, and having my first book store book signing on Friday. Quite honestly, I'm the most scared about the Open Mike Night. I’m hoping I’ll have time to blog more than I did this week.
Oh, but I’ve got a problem. I’m out of books, and I don’t know if the books I ordered are going to be here in time for the book signing…. I’m hoping they get here in time.
(And thank goodness my husband switched to The Fellowship of the Ring instead of Conan the Barbarian. Oh, the cave troll just pinned Frodo to the wall. I wonder what might happen next...?)
For more information on my debut novel, A Prophecy Forgotten, check out my website at http://www.elysianchronicles.com.