Monday, October 20, 2008

The Elysian Chronicles: Out of the Shadows Release Status...

Drum roll, please...

I have no date for Out of the Shadows' release, yet. But, I have...a possible month: January/February--maybe even Christmas! These are projected time periods, barring unforeseen circumstances such as:

  • Computer viruses (which seem to like screwing things up for me).
    My editor deciding I need to rewrite half the book. (That hasn't happened yet, but you never know.)
  • People involved in the project (my editor, my publisher, my book cover artist) having unexpected emergencies. (So far, I think we've covered all of those getting A Prophecy Forgotten ready for DragonCon, including massive floods in St. Louis, a tropical storm down here...)
  • Me falling into a coma during the editing process. (Again, that hasn't happened yet, but anything is possible.)
  • The entire world losing electricity. (Probably not going to happen, so we are safe there.)

Now, I must be honest.

I'm...um...kind of the reason for the hold up this time--not my publisher. I kind of tweaked the manuscript a little bit, and it took me longer than I had hoped. Then, well, see above regarding the flood, which kind of gave Wandering Sage a few weeks of distractions. But, Out of the Shadows is coming, it will be good, and I'm incredibly excited!

Fantasy novelist M. B. Weston is the author of The Elysian Chronicles, a fantasy series about guardian angel warfare and treason, which is being adapted into a graphic novel series by Wandering Sage Press, Inc., with Weston penning the script and KISS comic book artist, Adam Black, doing the art. Weston is also the host of The Final Cut, an internet radio talk show about science fiction and fantasy movies on Ad Astra Radio, which can also be heard as a podcast on M. B. Weston's Podcasts site or on iTunes. Weston speaks to children, teens, and adults about writing and the process of getting published. For more information on M. B. Weston, visit www.mbweston.com. Find out more about The Elysian Chronicles at www.elysianchronicles.com.

No comments: