Saturday, January 26, 2008

Dissed by Roger Rabbit!

I'm currently at FX International, a comic book/fantasy/science fiction/horror/rock & roll festival in Orlando, Florida, and I had a unique experience yesterday. One of the guests, the man who played the voice of Roger Rabbit, approached my table and stared at my posters with interest while I talked with some fellow Star Wars fans. I handed him a sample chapter brochure for A Prophecy Forgotten: Book I of the Elysian Chronicles, saying "Here's a sample of my first chapter"--my line for those who are looking at my table when I can't talk to them personally because I am busy with other customers.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you Roger Rabbit," said one of my new friends.

"Really?" I mouthed to her. (I feel uncomfortable pointing out celebrities in a crowd because I'm always afraid they'll be really annoyed with me.) All of us authors dream of one of the celebrity guests dropping by our tables.

She nodded, and we continued talking.

Then, he handed the brochure back to me and said, "I knew I had forgotten something." With that, he left.

*Sigh*

On a lighter note, I've heard a bunch of "forgotten" jokes this week....

Stay tuned for Monday's blog, in which I'll discuss all the awesome things that happened and people I've met this weekend.

No comments: