Friday, May 25, 2007

Weekly Update

This week a few great things happened:

First, I visited both Alva Middle School and Corkscrew Middle School. Both were lots of fun, but both were also long drives. I really enjoyed meeting all the kids and talking about writing, and I’m glad that coffee exists because I had to get up super-early to get to the schools on time. (Especially Alva, which is about an hour away from where I live. I had to get up at 5:30!)

Second, my husband fired me from my cleaning job! Yah-hoo! Well, he didn’t really fire me—demoted me to part time is more like it. He figured out that I’ve been so exhausted from promoting my book and working on the sequel that what I could do in three hours he could do in ne. (He also figured out that if I didn’t clean offices at night, then I would have to do the cooking and cleaning at home, which he has been doing since I’ve been the one working basically two full time jobs.) Anyway, I’m fired! This gives me my nights free and alone to finish A Prophecy Forgotten’s sequel, Out of the Shadows!


For more information on my novel, A Prophecy Forgotten: Book I of the Elysian Chronicles, and my upcoming novel, Out of the Shadows: Book II of the Elysian Chronicles, check out my website at http://www.elysianchronicles.com.

No comments: