Thursday, February 28, 2008

Freak Out: I Can't Believe I'm Actually Doing This!

I have a confession to make. Are you ready?

I'm scared to death to record myself.

That's right. I'm sitting here with my notebook, notes in hand, my new soundboard, new microphone, new sound editing program, ready to go--and I'm freaking out. Pretty sad, huh? Especially since I'm prerecording tomorrow night's show, so I can re-record everything over as many times as I would like. I can even take out long pauses where I don't know what to say.

My feet are freakin' sweating here.

So, there you have it. My little confession. I can speak in front of gobs of people without worrying, but I'm scared to record my own voice. Don't worry. I'll get over it... I hope.

So visit my new website, The Final Cut, listen to me pretend not to be scared on Ad Astra Radio tomorrow night at http://www.adastraradio.com/.

No comments: