Sunday, July 29, 2007

Summary of Past Two Weeks

Wow, I haven't blogged in a while. Sorry about that. It's been a busy two weeks with limited wi-fi access. Basically, here's a summary of what I've been doing:

Two weeks ago (July somthing--no calander available)
I was a chaperone at Big Stuff Camp with my church youth group.n (Center Point Community Church in Naples, FL). We had an awesome time, and I really bonded with some of the girls in our youth group. I got to hear Andy Stanley and Louie Giglio (sp?) speak, so it was pretty cool. I also got to meet a phenomenal family who owns Barnies Coffee Company by the Datona Beach Hilton Hotel. They let me crash in their coffee shop every day so I could work on Out of the Shadows. They're also from Boston, and they still liked me even though I'm a Yankees fan! If you're in the Daytona Beach area and want coffee, skip Starbucks and go to Barnies.

Last Week
I was a speaker at the Journey Children's Conference at Grace Tabernacle Church in Ft. Walton Beach, FL. It's right next to Eglin Air Force Base so the place was crawling with military personel. I wanted to grab each of them and thank them for protecting this country, but that would have looked weird to have some chick stopping everyone. I got to meet a great group of kids from St. Robert, Missouri--Hi Rock of Ages!--and I also got to visit the Naval Air Museum in Pensacola for research on my third novel.

Next Weekend
I'll be at BabelCon in Baton Rouge, LA. I'll be doing a panel about writing and publishing, and speaking about writing fantasy. (I'll also be selling books.) If you can't find me, look for the best creole shop in town or a PJ's coffee shop.

Tags: , Eglin Air Force Base, , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Michelle...

You spelled Louie Giglio correctly!

:)

M. B. Weston said...

Yeah! Thanks for letting me know. My spelling is so horrid... I know; I know. And I'm a writer. Go figure. :-)