Monday, July 09, 2007

Out of the Shadows & Home Run Derby

Or: Multi-Tasking Put to the Test

First, a bit of superstitious business. My premonition about my watching the New York Yankees and them winning is proving true, but I just can’t watch them until after August 31st when Out of the Shadows is due.

Second, tonight, I shall attempt the impossible—watch Home Run Derby while editing Out of the Shadows: Book II of the Elysian Chronicles. Impossible, you say? Well, usually, yes, but I have with me, the Magic Mute Button to aid in my quest. Ah, yes. The Magic Mute Button. See, I’m auditorily stimulated, which is really weird because I’m a writer, but anyway…. Sound can break me out of my zone. That’s why I watch most of my baseball games with the aid of the Magic Mute Button while I’m trying to edit. With the game (in this case, derby) on mute, I can glance up and see how things are doing without breaking out of the “zone.”

After watching some of the pre-derby magic, I have decided that if I had to pick a spot in the ball park to watch the derby, I’d be in a kayak in McCovey Cove. That looks like so much fun! (Only unlike Kenny Mayne, I would be wearing a wetsuit instead of a helmet camera.)

Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: