Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Perfect Timing

I cannot begin to tell you what goes on in my brain when things don’t go as planned. My publisher has encountered some production slowdowns, which has put my book’s publication date father out in the future than originally planned. Of course, my little paranoid brain starts too think evil thoughts, such as, “Oh, what if he secretly hates the book and thinks he made a mistake?” or, “What if God has been fooling around with me and really doesn’t want me to do all the things I thought He had called me to do?” You know how we humans are—me especially. I lack faith.

Anyway, for those of you who don’t know, my husband and I have just started a commercial cleaning business. We don’t have enough clients to hire employees, so we’re doing all the work. I began to think last week (probably as I was cleaning a toilet) that if my book had been published in August, as originally planned, or in December as was the second plan, I would not be able to help Greg in this endeavor. I would have been traveling, trying to sell my book and speak at schools, libraries, and youth groups. God knew Greg would need me to work with him now, hence, no book. If you are wondering why my book hasn’t come out yet, don’t blame my publisher, blame Greg and Weston Commercial Cleaning, Inc.

Also, Greg and I only have one car. We need another if I want to travel to sell my book—preferably, a bigger, older SUV or truck that we can use to haul all the cleaning equipment. My mom just called today, and told us that they are moving my grandparents into a special living facility that allows them to live independently, but takes them to all their appointments. Hence, my mom no longer needs her ancient Ford Explorer, which they have been using to haul my grandfather’s mechanical wheelchair around. She does not want to pay the insurance on it anymore, and she was wondering if she could gift us the car as long as we took over the insurance and let my uncle use it to cart my granddad around on occasion. I burst into tears when my husband told me. You see, I’ve been praying that God would give us a car because I knew I would need it. God tends to give us what we need when we need it, so I really am hoping that my book will come out soon.

Back to my mantra: God’s timing is perfect. Mine is not.

For more information on my debut novel, A Prophecy Forgotten, check out my website at http://www.elysianchronicles.com.

No comments: