Monday, October 09, 2006

In the Zone

October 9, 2006

I'm finally in the zone. You writer's know what I'm talking about. I'm in my writing zone, a happy little place where I can feel what my characters feel and anticipate their movements--when they act in front of me and take over the scenes. I can see areas to add more conflict and tension, and I am finally beginning to see how everything is going to work together. It's as though I'm looking through a foggy window and the defroster has finally turned on. I’ve been out of the zone for the past four weeks, my words wandering as aimlessly as my mind. I’m back now, and completion of my novel is possible. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go write some more before I find myself locked out of my zone.

For more information on my debut novel, A Prophecy Forgotten, check out my website at http://www.elysianchronicles.com

No comments: